Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Learning as I go

     Wow, I have figured out that there is a lot to learn about this blogging stuff!  Navigating my way around this web site has been a challenge.  There are designs, fonts, templates and "sharing" to try and figure out.  But that's OK.  I know that I am not the most technically savvy kid on the block.  I will just have to learn as I go.  Hopefully, if anyone out there is reading these entries, they will be patient with me.
      But that is how it is with our Christian life too, right?  We constantly learn as we go; at least we better!  If we stop learning and growing -we grow stagnant.  We don't want to do that.  Fortunately, our God has given us a guide to live by.  We have a "template" to pattern our lives around -- that being the life of Jesus Christ our Savior.  He is our great example and our guide is the Bible, God's holy word.  "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light to my path."  Psalms 119:105.  God's word can guide us through all of life's situations if we just let it.  And no matter how many times I read a passage, it seems I always find a new way to apply it to my life.  All we have to do is open our eyes and SEE the wisdom and blessings found in God's word.  What a treasure we have for our lives as turn to the scriptures.

    So with God's help we keep learning and growing as we go through life.  And remember that patience I was hoping for from anyone who might read this? --well, God is longsuffering toward us.  As our Heavenly Father - He is most patient and understands that we are learning as we go.  II Peter 3:9 tells us that "He is long suffering to usward, not willing that ANY should perish; but that we all should come to repentance."  He loves us and waits patiently for us to turn to Him; to repent and become His child.  Yet even in this passage as Peter tells us of God's longsuffering, he also gives us a very sober warning --"the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night."   God knows us and He knows our hearts.  He does not expect us to be perfect - for He knows full well that none of us are.  Yet He  does expect us to keep trying, growing -- "learning as we go."
    Even Paul understood that he not reached that level of that level of true perfection.  Consider Philippians 3:13-14.  "Brethren I count not myself to have apprehended, but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."  Now, I am certainly not trying to make light or to minimize what Paul is saying here by changing his words around; but do you think maybe- just maybe at least in some way Paul is saying -"I am learning as I go?" 
     Keep trying - keep striving to grow closer to your Lord every day.  He will bless us abundantly -both now and in the life to come.

Christ above all things,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment