Monday, January 14, 2013

A Prayer for Faithfulness

     Tonight I would like to share a poem I wrote a few years ago.  As it states in the title, it is a prayer for faithfulness and a recognition of how tempting the world can be sometimes.  But our God can help us through these weak moments if we will only turn to him.
 
A Prayer for Faithfulness
 
Lord, please bless me and help me through this day.
I need to learn to walk in Your way.
I am so weak and feeble and frail.
Help me, Lord - I don't want to fail.
Your path sometimes seems so narrow and straight.
Heavenly Father, please give me faith.
Sometimes I look over to the broad and wide,
and it seems so much easier over there on the other side.
Sometimes I walk with you, but sometimes I stray.
I've made choices that still haunt me today.
 
The world pulls at me as I travel life's road.
Enchanting --enticing ---trying to lure me as I go.
We all have our weaknesses.  We all have our faults.
Thank you, dear God.  You sent your son to die for us all.
A new life!  A new chance -- what glorious hope!
With your Word to guide me, it is much easier to cope.
I might stumble, and yes - sometimes I might fall;
but I am trying to heed the heavenly call.
 
As I walk in the Light I have joy and peace,
knowing that the Spirit intercedes for me.
I'll try to follow the path you made
that's filled with such loveliness and grace.
But it's so easy to wander astray.
So dear Father, each morning I'll pray.
Lord please bless me, guide me and keep me this day.
I want to learn to walk in your way.
 
 
Christ above all things,
Robin Whitley


No comments:

Post a Comment