Saturday, January 19, 2013

Just for Fun

     Tonight, I want to try to keep it short and sweet -- so hopefully I won't ramble too much.  It is good sometimes just to share a laugh with a friend.  Proverbs 17:22 says "A merry heart doeth good like medicine."  God made us as creatures of emotion and laughter and joy are part of those emotions.  This is just a short little story that I hope you will enjoy.
     I was teaching my 2 and 3 year olds about Jonah.  After we went over the lesson and did our handwork, I began to ask questions about the story.  I was asking things like,  "What did God want Jonah to do?" --go to Nineveh to preach
"What did Jonah do?"  -- he tried to hide from God
"Can you really hide from God?" --No!!!
"What happened to Jonah?"  - He got swallowed by a big fish.
And Jonah prayed in the great fish's belly for three days and three nights. 
"What happened after that?"  --the fish spit Jonah out on land.
"And then what did Jonah do?"
       Well I expected the answer to be something like -- he did what God told him to, or he went to Ninevah to preach --or something along those lines.  I hoped the children were getting the point about how important it is to obey God.  But when I said, "Then what did Jonah do?"  One precious little fella said - "He dried off!"     :)   And you know what, I bet he did!

     Now we could probably pull some lesson from this -- about how literal our children are and how important it is to teach them the absolute truth -- or about how practical a young child's mind is --and that in order to accomplish one big thing - you have to do many small things first.... yes, there are probably several lessons we could draw from this.  But tonight -- just for tonight --- let's take this remember that sweet little boy's earnest reply just for the simple joy it brings.  (Hope you don't mind)

Kiss your kids tonight.  Tell your loved ones how precious they are to you.  And when you say your prayers  -- thank God for all the little joys in your life!

Christ above all things,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment