Tuesday, March 12, 2013

An Incredibly Blessed Woo Hoo Day!!

            I meant to write about something else today, but I am so excited I just have to share.  Have you ever had one of those days that were just filled with blessings at every turn?  You know the kind of day I'm talking about.  It's one of those kinds of days where everything goes just right and - it is just "your day."  Well, today was my day -- an incredibly blessed wonderful kind of Woo Hoo day!!! 
       For starters, the sun was shining this morning.  I love the bright sunlight.  I love to look at God's beautiful sky on a bright sunny day!  Seeing the sun just gives me a good feeling.  I don't think there is anything better than being able to look at the sky while praying to God in the mornings on my way to work.  What a great way to start the day! 
       OK - honestly the day was not perfect.  I didn't come into a bunch of money or come up with the next greatest invention for mankind.  I went through my very normal routine.  I had to work which is OK in and of itself; but still it was work.  On my lunch break, however, I had enough time to go by and see a good Christian friend that I haven't seen for a while.  She is dear to me and I've missed her.  We usually see each other once a week at our prayer group meeting; but she has been unable to come for a while now because of her business.  Soooo I decided if she couldn't come to us that I would go to her.  We only got to visit briefly, but I did get a good hug.  Just being able to see each other was a blessing for both of us.  I cannot tell you how much it lifted my spirits! 
       Then tonight, I had the opportunity to attend our prayer group meeting and it was absolutely wonderful!  We usually have several ladies with us; but tonight there were only three of us.  I am sure you are familiar with the words of Jesus recorded in Matthew 18:19-20 --"Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.  For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."  I do not know if any of you have experienced the truth of this promise; but I can tell you that as part of a prayer group these words have a much deeper meaning for me now than they ever have before.  We have watched faith grow, gained strength from one another and seen prayers answered. 
       As Christians gather together in large or small groups because of our common love for Christ, then we see the love of Christ in each other.  When we, as Christians -- gather in His name and share the bond of His sacrifice --then we are truly experiencing the love of God in our lives.  Christ has shed His precious blood to redeem us all - if we only believe and obey His commandments.  When we come together in fellowship and prayer as obedient believers bound by the thing we have in common - which is His love manifested through His sacrifice for us - then we have Him -- the very Son of God in our midst.  This is truly a blessing -- one of the best "fringe benefits" we have of living the Christian life! 
        Believe me, the bond between Christians grows even stronger when a group prays together.  So we were not discouraged that there were only three of us there tonight for we know that there was one more among us.  Christ was there.  He understood our concerns, rejoiced as we were grateful for His blessings; laughed with us as we shared a few funny stories and then mediated for us when we bowed our heads in prayer. Oh yes, He was there.  He heard our prayers for those who couldn't be with us tonight.  He saw the faith we had that we will soon see them with us again in prayer group.  We have faith that God will continue to work in all our lives until we meet again. 
      Perhaps the icing on the cake was that as we were leaving, another one of our sisters showed up just in time to give hugs all around and let us know that the grandmother she has been sitting with (which is why she couldn't be with us earlier) was beginning to feel a little better.  These are more prayers answered.  God is so good.  Then finally another lady from the congregation came to tell us that her husband had just completed a Bible study with a young couple and had baptized both of them into the body of Christ.  Now that was truly a way to end a night!!
        I realize this post has been a little different than most of the ones I write.  I have talked more about me than I usually do.  I couldn't help it - I was so "full" of His love and His Spirit that I needed to share.  We truly serve an awesome God!!!
       As I sit here full of joy over the incredible blessings of the day I am extremely thankful that God has blessed me so richly.  I know that not all days will be this wonderful.  I know there will be burdens to bear, battles to wage and storms to weather.  But just as I know not all days will be as great as today was, I also know that not all days will be bad either.  Most of them will just be regular routine days.  Yet, I know that as long as I am walking in the pathway of light, God goes with me through all my days whether they are good, bad or somewhere in between.  He will be there to guide me, strengthen me and love me.

Christ above all things,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment