Saturday, November 13, 2021

Questioning Myself

Good morning!  Please remember Sunday - the first day of the week is also the best day of the week.  It is the Lord's Day and what better way to start the day than by worshipping our Heavenly Father!

I want to apologize for not sharing a post on a more regular basis.  I plan to post more regularly from now on.  

This is a poem I wrote yesterday.  

                                                        Questioning Myself 

When I pillow my head at night

do I think back through the day?

Did I do what was wrong or what was right?

Did I follow the Savior’s light,

or did I go my own way?

Did I ever even stop to pray?


So many questions to ask myself.

Did I seek Gods kingdom first

or was it something else?

Did I read God’s word or leave it on the shelf?

For what did I hunger and thirst?

Was at my best or at my worst?

 

Did I show others the Savior’s light?

My God has done so much for me.

But I wonder as I lay here tonight

if I fought faith’s good fight?

Oh, Lord please help me to see

just what you want me to be!

 

Father, tonight it is my prayer

if You choose to give me another day,

help me to be prepared

to stand against the devil’s snare.

Let me start tomorrow with a clean slate

And God, please help me keep it that way!

 

 2 Corinthians 13:5a - Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves.

 Matthew 5:6 - Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness thirst for for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.  

 1 Timothy 6:12 - Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

 Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. 

He who promised is faithful.  Now that is a promise worth holding on for!!!

 Christ above all things - Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment