Thursday, November 4, 2021

It Just Fits

We have SO many blessings for which to be thankful. Those blessings alone give us great cause to be cheerful. Remember how much God loves us!

Psalms 94:18-19 - When I thought, “My foot slips,” your steadfast love, O LORD, held me up. When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.”
It Just Fits!
A couple of weeks ago our extended family celebrated its newest addition. My sweet niece Kelsie, and her husband Chase had baby # 3. Her name is Theodora Kate. We will call her Thea. She is beautiful and healthy and we are so thankful!
Sometimes names just fit … the name and the person match perfectly. That becomes a gift on its own. When Kelsie showed pictures of her new daughter on Facebook, she and I had a neat (albeit brief) exchange.
I commented that her new daughter was a sweet gift from God and that she was precious.  Kelsie told me her name means “gift from God.” Of course, I didn’t know that when I made the comment – but when she told me that, I said it was just right. So Thea means gift from God. Somehow I think this child will always be a gift from our Heavenly Father. Her name will always be the perfect fit for her!
I know another young woman whose name just fits. She and her Mom are both very dear friends of mine. They are also faithful devoted Christians whom I respect. Today was the daughter’s birthday. Now, I have known her first and middle name for a good while. But today when her mother posted a Happy Birthday wish for her – I saw it in a totally different light.
What I saw hit me like a ton of bricks and I got SO excited. Her name is Carrie Faith. I don’t know what it was that made me think about it the way I did; but seeing her name made me think about what a perfect fit Carrie’s name is for her. Carrie Faith – carries The Faith with her wherever she goes!
I sent a message to her mom and asked her if she thought about that when she named her – if she did it on purpose. She said she never thought of it that way. Though she did have in mind if they named her that, she would always be strong in her faith. Well, she is! Carrie has a strong faith rooted and ground in love.
Yes, Carrie’s name just fits her. Thea’s name is perfect for her. Still we know the most important name any of us will ever wear is not our given name. The most important name we can have is the same name for anyone who desires it to be so. It is one we choose for ourselves.
That name is Christian. It honors our Savior. If we wear it, let’s make it fit.
"And in Antioch the disciples were first called Christians." Acts11:26c
Christ above all things - Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment