Thursday, July 18, 2013

Abundant Blessings in Christ

       Wow!  There are so many thoughts running around in my mind right now.  It's like some of them have taken on a life of their own and they are having a heyday spinning around in my head.  Among these ideas are many that I would love to share.  The problem is that it is difficult to decide just what to share.  Usually when this happens, I try to write about too many things at once and then I begin to ramble and end up not making much sense. 
     God is so good.  I am blessed, TRULY blessed.  I have much to be thankful for.  Sometimes I forget just how good God is to me.  I get so caught up the daily living ... facing the world every day - that I don't think about my blessings.  I have a loving family, a job to go to daily, a roof over my head, clothes on my back and food on my table every night.  I have many great friends, some of whom I have known for years.  I have good health and I live in a beautiful place which just happens to be right next door to my parents.  We are only about 30 minutes from my husband's family. 
     I am thankful for all of my earthly blessings, but most importantly I am thankful to be one of God's children.  I am a Christian and I am so happy to be a member of the church He died for!  All spiritual blessings come from God, our Heavenly Father.  I am a daughter of God!  What an honor it is to be able to say that.  God loves us so much!
     One wonderful blessing which comes from being a Christian is that we are part of a special family -- the church that Christ died for is His family.  When we decide to follow Him - when we realize we love Him enough to keep His commandments (John 15:14) we are baptized to wash our sins away.  Acts 2:42 says that the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.  He still does that today.  How great is that?  We are added to the church.  That means we are able to have fellowship with other Christians at our local congregation.  Hopefully, as Christians we will follow another of His commandments and love each other so much that people will be able to watch us and understand that we are Christ's disciples.  We can build strong relationships with those who become our "forever family," as we are all traveling down life's road with one goal in mind -- going to Heaven!
     Another great blessing for the Christian is the full access we have to the Father.  We can go to God with our prayers any time - night or day.  God is always there.  Christ is always there.  They don't take breaks.  Some way - some wonderful, God filled way they are able to be with us 24/7 at the same time they are with every other Christian from around the world.  Our God is all powerful.  Some might ask why would He bother to spend time with me?  The answer is because of His great love. 
       So we can see that through prayer we can talk to Him about anything in our lives.  He already knows our hearts.  God knows what's going on in your life.  Nothing is hidden from Him.  He knows everything about you; but He wants YOU to reach out to HIM.  When we do that - He is right there, right there! to guide us through.  Prayer is a command, (I Thess. 5:19) but when prayer becomes a part of your life and you develop that precious relationship with Jesus and His Father -- then you realize what a wonderful, wonderful blessing prayer is!
       Another beautiful spiritual blessing is God's Word.  To the believer, God's word is a great source of hope and comfort.   Spending in studying the scriptures every day helps us to get to know our Father.  The scriptures are written for our comfort and for our learning.  The Bible is our pattern for life.  We know what to do - we know how to act.  We have wonderful examples of those who followed God and those who chose not to.  We understand God's power through the scripture, but we also understand His wonderful love and His plan of salvation.  We can read and understand the scriptures and know just what to do be saved -- to get to heaven.  Reading the Bible every day is a faith affirming practice.  It is good for us.  It puts our hearts and minds in the right mode of thinking.  
      Being a Christian gives us that wonderful confident hope in heaven.  We trust in God's promises and know that there is a far better place waiting for us.  We know that God cares for his children and that Jesus will bring us home as one of His own one day.  No matter how tough life gets here, we know we have a crown of life waiting for us!  Heaven will be wonderful!!!

I know there are many blessings in Christ -- too many to name here.  Sometimes it just does your soul good to sit down and think about all of the blessings God gives us.  It helps realize that like that old song says, "heaven will surely be worth it all."

Christ above all things,
Robin




No comments:

Post a Comment