Friday, August 20, 2021

The Radio In My Car

 

Good morning, good morning! I certainly hope everyone enjoys the day and chooses to be a blessing to all those around you! Think about all the wonderful things God has done for us.
“Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” Ephesians 3:20-21
The Radio in Our Car
My husband and my youngest son both love to listen to the radio when they are in a vehicle. To the consternation of both of them, I do not. I would much rather drive in silence. To me, the radio is an intrusion on my thoughts.
I tolerate it when Robert and I go anywhere together, just as I used to when I was with Aaron. He used to say, “Why don’t you like music, Mom? That’s just weird.”
Actually, I do like music – especially the oldies from back in the day. But when I am in the car I enjoy being alone with my own thoughts. That is just the way I am.
Did you know today was National Radio Day? If you ever google holidays you can find something to celebrate just about every day of the year. I’m sure Aaron and Robert will both enjoy this little tidbit of trivia.
The radio was and still is a great invention for many reasons. Of course one of the first we think of is entertainment because of the music many like to hear. This is the primary reason my husband and son both like their radios.
They also broadcast the news. The radio brought information to people much more quickly. People were aware of events much more quickly than ever before. Police and military personnel as well as pilots and boat captains all still use the radio today.
Christians use this method of communicating in a very positive way. They share the word of God. It may be that because of the radio some people heard – or will hear- the gospel for the very first time. Imagine how priceless that is to those souls!!
We are told to teach the gospel to lost souls. The radio is a great tool we can use in that endeavor. God wants us to use every tool available to spread the gospel wherever we can.
Now let’s bring this a little closer to home. If you were a radio what channel or station would we broadcast? Would it be the Whiners and Complainers station? God said “Do all things without grumbling or disputing” Philippians 2:14
Would we be the station all the procrastinators tuned in for? “Therefore to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.” James 4:17 I will tell you this one hits home for me. I always think I have plenty of time to do this or that – and then before I realize it, I’ve lost my opportunity!
The point is -we broadcast something with every thing we do and with every word we say. Are we careful to send the love of God out over the airwaves?
Christ above all things – Robin


 

No comments:

Post a Comment