Saturday, May 28, 2022

Lady's Squeaky Ball


Hello there!  I hope everyone is well.   

Being a German Shepherd, Lady is a very high energy dog.  She loves to play fetch.  The only problem is when either of us take her out to play, usually she only fetches one time.  This is especially true if we throw her favorite ball to her first. 

The one she loves to play with is a bright orange squeaky ball.  Once she gets hold of this one, she rarely lets it go.  So I take another ball outside with us.  If I don’t, our game is very short.  The funny thing is when I throw the second ball she chases after it, but she keeps the squeaky ball in her mouth. 

Lady is missing out because there is no way she can catch the other ball I throw.

Oh well, I certainly get my exercise walking after one ball only to pick it up and throw again.  About one time out of ten, Lady will release the squeaky ball so I can pitch it out to her. 

It makes me think about my relationship with God.  I cannot tell you how many times I’ve taken my troubles to God and He has thrown them away for me!  But what do I do?  I chase them down and then I hold onto them all over again. 

Why oh why do I do that?  God does not want us to be without His love and comfort.  He is willing to give us strength, peace, courage, and love.  We should not miss out on all the love He sends our way.

I don’t always accept the comfort and wisdom God offers because I am so busy holding on to my own squeaky problems instead of giving them to God to keep. 

Our God is an awesome God!  He can help us when we are weary, heartbroken, and feel all alone.  He WANTS to be there for us.  But He can only do this when we are willing to let go and allow Him to handle our problems.    

Hellen Keller once said, “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”   Oh, how true this is!

Psalm 55:22 is such a comforting verse.  “Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you; He will never permit the righteous to be moved.”

Another verse that hits home right now is 1 Peter 5:7 – “Casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you.”    

Only when we cast (throw) our burdens to God, will He be able to send us blessings instead! 

Christ above all things - Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment