Saturday, March 19, 2022

The Foggy Morning

Let us be thankful for the day the Lord has given us and I pray we take advantage of the opportunities He sends our way! 

===============

A couple of mornings ago the fog was so thick it seemed as if one might be able to reach out and touch it.  The thickness of it made it feel as if a heavy curtain was draped around me.    I was surrounded by it. 

The fog also cut into my visibility.  I couldn’t see very far in front of me at all.  Naturally, I used my utmost caution as I drove to work.  I was amazed when a couple of cars zipped on past me.  They were going much faster than I was comfortable with.  Knowing they were taking such risks just made me thankful they were getting away from me!

At one point the fog got even worse.  I could barely see the front end of my vehicle!   I had no choice but to keep going.  I couldn’t see the shoulder of the road to know if it was safe to pull off and stop.  I also knew if a car was behind me, it wouldn’t be able to see me until it got too close to stop.  So I could just stop in the middle of the road. 

I had no choice but to keep going.  So I did my best to focus on the white line at the edge of the road.  It was the best I could do for those few moments.  I was thankful though when it wasn’t quite so thick and my visibility got better. 

Sometimes the devil puts a fog around us to keep us disoriented.  He doesn’t want us to see clearly.  We see those things that appear to be so appealing and attractive through a haze.  Oh, they seem bright enough to us; but the devil finds a way to cloud our vision and keep us from seeing the end result. 

The devil only gives us a hazy view of what we see about sin.  The glamourous “good time” is  so alluring.  Before we know it, we are caught “hook, line and sinker” and dragged into a sinful lifestyle.  We don’t see the disastrous consequences ahead of time. 

When things start looking a little foggy – if they are questionable in the least, we should focus on the white line so we can stay on the road to heaven.  We must keep going forward – it won’t be long before the view is clear again.  Then we see the beautiful abundant life Christ gives us.

Do not let the devil cloud your vision!  He uses so many tools to do that!  And he works hard at leading us astray.   But if we stay in the Son light then God will help us fight the fog. 

 You shall be careful therefore to do as the Lord your God has commanded you. You shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left.  Deuteronomy 5:32

Christ above all things – Robin

 

No comments:

Post a Comment