Saturday, March 6, 2021

Can Animals Talk?

 

     My parents have two dogs and a cat.  They are great animal lovers and treat their pets very well.  I love their pets too.  They are good for Mom and Dad to have around and I am thankful for them. 

     If you have pets in your home, then you know how much they love their owners.  Dogs are always loyal – always loving.  My parents’ inside dog is a Yorkie named Charlie.  He adores my Dad.  Charlie sits beside Dad’s chair in his office and watches every move Dad makes. 

     Charlie has different barks.  One bark tells Dad he needs to go outside.  One lets him know he wants a treat.  One tells Mom and Dad someone is at the door.  And sometimes Dad has an idea of who it is by the way Charlie acts. 

     Victor is their outside dog.  He is a mixed breed – mainly black lab.  Victor has different barks too.  If it is a been a while since I have visited Mom and Dad, Victor’s bark is different.  I always feel like he is telling me he is glad to see me. 

     Even Missy (their cat) will let you know she is glad to see you. If she thinks the dogs have gotten too much attention, she jumps up in your lap for a little cuddling of her own.  They all communicate with one another too.  Sometimes they act like children bickering.  Sometimes they are like the best of friends. 

     We all know animals find ways to communicate with their owners – and other animals.  We once had a goat.  He loved to play with our dog.  Once when I came out of the house and stepped into the yard, they looked at each other and then looked at me and back at each other.  It gave me the oddest feeling.  I honestly thought they were talking about me.  LOL. 

    Just as we love to be with our pets - and take great pleasure being with them, God loves to be with us.  He longs for us to talk to Him –spend time with Him.  Throughout the Old Testament God spoke through the prophets to tell the people if they were faithful, He would always be with them.  They would be His people and He would love and protect them. 

     It is the faithfulness God wants – so He can be with His people.  This is the reason He made a way for us to be reconciled to Him through the death of His Son.  God is not willing that any should perish.  None.  He wants every person to be saved.  He gave us the choice though.  We are the ones who decide to be with God --- or not. 

    God loves us with an everlasting love.  Take time to be with Him.  It will make your day so much better!

Christ above all things -- Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment